Blog Top Sites

Home Remedies for Pimples and Acne



Pimples, acne, dark spots, zits are nightmares that have been haunting me ever since my first breakout at 16 and I’m sure this nightmare is shared by many out there. I educated myself about pimples, their chief causes and remedies and found that the best treatments of acne can be found within the four walls of your kitchen. Atleast that’s what the internet told me.
Milk, besan and haldi: Messy, sticky and smelly and Inconvenient to apply every day. However prolonged use will get rid of pimples and will give you a glow. However, wash this off well to get rid of the strong smell of milk.
Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is known to cure pimple and pimple scars. This gel is not smelly or sticky and is in fact very cooling. However, it did not do much in my case.
Egg whites: Egg whites may be applied as it is to lighten, soften and cool the skin. Beware of the smell though. Make sure you wash off every trace of it.
Toothpaste: Leaving a dab of toothpaste on the pimples overnight is a very common method. However, all this does is, speeds up the drying process of the pimples. Even though the pimple and its redness disappears, the horrible black mark remains.
Potatoes: I read somewhere that rubbing raw potatoes on your face acts like a bleach to get rid of marks. This didn’t help at all.
Oats: I began eating oats as it was supposed to absorb excess oil. It didn’t help my pimples much but made for a healthy breakfast.
Popping: Eventually I gave up and began to feel that if I have to chose between the pain and marks of the pimples, I’d rather chose the marks. So I began popping them. This increased my pimples, their pain and the marks became darker and redder.
Cucumber: Applying and eating these cools the body. Great summer food and cure for dark circles. Once again, didn’t help me on the pimple front.
Tomato: Causes a tingling sensation and gets rid of tans. This was one of the few methods that helped my pimples.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment